Late the night before the festival begins Whisper wanders the fair grounds. She sees two men wandering the grounds and quickly hides so they do not see her. It appears that they are casing the place. Strange behavior indeed. Whisper follows them to the exact same hotel where she and the other champions reside.
We open on the early morning the sun just rising over the edge of the distant mountains. You can see the Barron’s home against the hillside. The pavilion in the center of town is setup and there are several accompanying tent waiting for the day’s vendors. The town is beginning to wake around you.
Champions Tent has been set up off to the side of the Pavilion.
As the town begins to wake, the opening festivities begin! There is a marching band that walks through the town to signify the opening ceremony and gathering up as many town folk as possible. The performers join in at set points adding a parade quality to the opening ceremony. The last people to be folded into the parade are the champions. They are primarily gathered in the Tavern and they are cheered as they join the parade.
Everyone is lead into the Pavilion where there are stadium style seats around the main stage where the contests will take place. The band circles the stage and the master of ceremonies runs out to introduce the Baron!
The Baron is giving a speech about the upcoming festival. Thanking those that donated money and time to make this such a success.
Assassins burst through the back of the stage and make an attempt on the Baron’s life! The Baron’s guard and several of your own party work to restrain the assassins! The people are shocked! The Baron chooses to continue with his speech. He will not allow this terrible event to mar the celebration his Barony deserves!!
Festivities pause for a minute, but continue on as planned. The Baron elects to show all is safe by having a drink with those that wish in the tavern’s tent, then plans to head back to his stronghold for the day. His favorite event, the riddling contest, is not scheduled until the following day. The Baron tries to assure the crowd that they are safe and that his security staff will be in full force throughout the festival!
Master of Ceremonies Starts the day with the announcement of all of the festival offerings!
The day begins with people wandering around the festival. In the main pavilion hall there are:
• Wreath making classes
• Food preservation classes
• Classes on preparation of the signature dish – Harvest Rice
• Announcement of the tournament schedule.
• All contestants for the first round of Axe throwing please come to the tent
• First test at noon that day.
• Archery contest to follow
• Hand to hand combat to follow.
13 Stalls surround the pavilion:
- 1. Rice Merchant – Dry rices of every kind:
c. Black Rice
e. Wild Rice
f. Red Rice
2. Archery Games
3. Dice Games
4. Roulettes/games of luck!
5. Spirits & Ale Booth – Sponsored by the Tavern
6. Fortune Telling Booth
7. Ride the Water Buffalo booth
8. Throw the circle and catch your new pet! (fish, kittens, puppies, mice, rodents of unusual sizes!)
9. Paint your face
10. Ball Toss
11. Rock Climbing
12. Treasure Hunt
13. Fishing Booth
Rice Dishes in every other stall
• Fried Rice of all varieties
• Rice Soups
• Rice porridge
• Baked rice with saffron & cardamom
• Rice Pilaf with blanched almonds
• Coconut Rice
• Rice with lime & Cilantro
• Red beans & rice
• Chicken & rice
• Tomatoes & rice
• Rice milk (like Horchata)
The tournament begins:
Rurhild conducts both archery & Arisa throwing exposition. Arisas are sharpened plates that the women of her clan threw in liew of weaponry. They were a peaceful bunch of craftsmen rather than fighter dwarves.
- o Chianna – 15 (2) + 20 (2) + 6 (2) = 4+7 = 11 WINNER!!
o Horace A. Ford – Male Halfling – 5 (2) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R1
o Ruthguard – Young Female Dwarf (daughter of Rurhild) – 17 (3) + 2 (3) =0 DISQUALIFIED R2
o Je Be (Mongol general) – Male Dark Elf 14 (2) + 19 (2) + 8 (2) = 4+6 = 10
o Lu Bu – Female Elf 20 (3) + 6 (3) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R2
o Minamoto no Tametomo – Female Half elf 3 (2) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R1
o Ki Bo-bae – Male Orc 8 (2) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R1
Axe Throwing Contest:
Rundette – Dwarf Male – Displays his amazing skills at axe throwing.
- 1. Jasmine – Elf Female – 18 (2) + 3(2) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R2
2. Saxton Pope – Male Dwarf – 4 (1) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R1
3. Charlotte Burgess – Female Half-elf – 4 (3) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R1
4. Jake Kaminski – Male Human (VERY HANDSOME! He’s the town favorite. All the ladies really love him!) – 8 (2) + 4 (2) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R2
5. Jacob Kaminski – Jake’s little brother. Male Human – 18 (2) + 18 (2) + 7 (2) = 6+6=12 Runner up
6. Aida Roman – Female Half-orc – 1 (2) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R1
7. Bludo – 19 (3) + 19 (3) + 11 (3) = 7+7+2=16 WINNER!!
Hand to hand combat Contest:
Xiao Yanhong – Human Male shows his prowess at hand to hand combat
1. Marketa Sidkova – Female Elf – 17 (2) + 4 (2) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R2
2. Park Sung-hyun – Male Dwarf – 20 (2) + 2 (2) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R2
3. Simon Terry – Male Human – 15 (2) + 13 (2) + 13 (2) =4+3+3=10
4. Natalia Valeeva – Female Half Orc – 5 (3) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R1
5. Alison Williamson – Female Human – 12 (2) + 9 (2) + 20 (2) = 3+1+7 =11 Runner Up!
6. Jan Huilian – Male Orc – 20 (3) + 19 (3) + 19 (3) = 22 WINNER!!
7. Dean – 18 (6) + 3 (6) = 0 DISQUALIFIED R2
- Performance Tournament: poetry, singing, dancing, playing an instrument, performing a scene from a play, etc.)
Cooking contest of varieties: sweet, spicy, savory, sour & smoked.
Diplomacy: think of Debate tournaments
Obstacle Course: think Indiana Jones-esque!